Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

The return of the pole dancing mummy.

am an extremely excited mummy. As part of my New Years resolutions this year, I decided I would eat a little healthier (mince pies were a staple food over Christmas!) and get back to doing exercise. Before I fell pregnant I loved exercising and did something every day. I found it gave me more energy, made me sleep better and curbed my anxiety. I was a much better person for it. But as I'm sure many of you mummies agree, once babies come in to the equation it all goes to pot... Well that's what happened with me anyway. 

One thing I miss most is Pole dancing lessons. At one point I was going 3 times a week and I was totally addicted. I would twist myself into ridiculous poses, fling myself round like a spinning top and amaze myself at the sheer strength of my body. It also gave me a lot of satisfaction when I would try week after week to master a trick and then I'd finally crack it. At the risk of sounding a little big headed (sorry!) I actually got quite good! 

Obviously while pregnant I had to stop. For a start my incredible teacher won't let you take classes if you're even a little bit pregnant. Bump or not, if there's a baby in your belly you're taking a time out! It was so hard for me, pole had become a huge part of my life and I suddenly had to go cold turkey. I have missed it hugely. 

So on the 1st January I decided that after 14 months of being out of it, it was time to get back on the pole. This Tuesday will be my first lesson back. I will ache, I will be covered in pole kisses (translation: fuck off massive bruises!) and I will have to wear hot pants and a strap top. IN PUBLIC. But it will be totally worth it and I can't wait. Let's get those abs back :-) 



9 comments:

  1. You know what I have never tried it. My sister swears by it though and it's helped her to get really toned and strong. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing for toning and it's so much fun that it doesn't really feel like exercise! Xx

      Delete
  2. A few of my friends did it for a while and loved it. I've heard its amazing exercise!! Definitely great to do something for yourself and that you used to enjoy. Good Luck!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant. And so much fun! So looking forward to going back xx

      Delete
  3. I would love to be able to pole dance! Ok not so much dance, but the fitness side of it! Good luck going back, I'm sure you'll pick it up really quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always heard this is an amazing workout! I am also planning to get in shape after having my next little one (due next month), and I can't wait! I always feel refreshed and stress free after a work out and I feel like I eat better as well. I'm also ready to feel better about my body and more comfortable with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks amazing!! I love it!! I wish I can do that but probably I will be rubbish!! LOL I have a few good friends that tried this before and they say that the amount of work that you do to certain muscles is amazing!! It is a great exercise! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried it but you look amazing in those photo's and I have heard so many good things about it. How good exercise and great for toning. Glad you are excited and have fun and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a pole in my lounge! I'm just a beginner however - you look amazing x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...