Pages

Monday 14 December 2015

Blogmas #14 - Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Mince pies are being devoured, mulled wine is warming tummies, fairy lights are adorning houses and shops are buzzing with people buying gifts, goodies and treats. As the big day gets closer, I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourite things about the most wonderful time of the year. 


Log fires:
Although not strictly just for Christmas, log fires always make me feel wonderfully festive. My parents have an beautiful fire place and every year we sit in front of it with glasses of warm mulled wine and a box of mince pies and my daddy roasts chestnuts. 

Mince Pies:
Speaking of mince pies, they are another thing I love about this time of year. I am a firm believer that they should be sold all year round. However as this is not the case, I make up for it at Christmas by eating my years worth throughout December. So actually it's probably just as well they don't do them all year round...

Champagne:
Although not really a traditional Christmas drink, Champagne always tastes like Christmas Day to me. Every year my boss gives me a really nice bottle and I take it to my parents to share with the family over Christmas Dinner (having the whole bottle to myself would be greedy... And end in an enormous headache!)

Presents:
I know this is cliche but I do absolutely love presents. I love giving them, I LOVE getting them and I always have so much fun wrapping them! I've gone for a gold and silver theme with my wrapping this year (with extra sparkle of course!)

Brussels sprouts:
I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I love them. My daddy does them sautéed with bacon, chestnuts and lemon zest. If you're not usually a sprout fan, I highly recommend trying them done like this. You may well change your tune. 

I could go on but I'll stop there for now. Feel free to say hi in the comments and let me know your favourite things about Christmas. Big or small, I'd love to know :-) 

Happy Blogmas! X
Mami 2 Five

4 comments:

  1. Mince pies? No no no no no no no! Horrid, yuk! Definitely agree with all the others though! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. sprouts? nooooo haha. I love this post. I am feeling all cosy reading it. Best get some champers in too. I hope you are enjoying the build up and don't look like a mince pie. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst and see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely all of these, I am always looking for ways to make the sprouts a little more appetising for all so I might well give this a go. Thanks for linking up to #sundaystars. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss!! Sprouts lol. I love them! Great list. #sundaystars xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...